Monday, July 23, 2007

Anne Hardy's Where to Eat in Canada

And how does Anne Hardy's autochthonous guide (read seminal) compare to the Michelin guide? I should certainly have something to say!

Off hand... I would say that her three stars could possibly qualify for a one Michelin star.... quite accurately....

I like her guide... and I think that Canada as a place to eat is nowhere close to France.... but the two stars I went to in Bordeaux had their own bakery, winery and just about everything you'd want in a cuisine, let alone a restaurant.....

For all of those who travel frequently, like Drew, Alan, Alice et al, suggest you get a copy from the library.... for St Agathe, and other odd places.... proves my point that there aren't any really decent places to eat in Ottawa, and similarly in Montreal…. that on the East coast... Toronto is where it's at!

Choose the high end or the value stuff... low end... she can be quite critical, which is good.....



Read EatDrinkOttawa.blogspot.com



No comments: